Friday, March 8, 2013

Love Letter to Heaven

Good evening, Gentle Readers!

Today's image is titled Cradle. I made it for a friend who was feeling very down at the time. While I do not remember exactly what had happened, I do remember that he felt much better after receiving this.

Some of you may remember that I mentioned my Dad dying of brain cancer. I had hoped he would get to watch me Walk across the stage for my ceremony, but that didn't happen- at least, not in this life.

However, he has a far better place to watch from in Heaven now. His eyes, always a startling blue, will be able to see clearly. He did know I was studying hard. If I should find myself needing to make a speech- Dad, this is for you.

It wasn't always sunshine and roses between us. Show me any relationship that is, and I'll show you one that is completely fake. But the love was genuine, even when it was stormy. I still have your screwdrivers from your days as a truck driver, and I look at them while thinking about your traveler's tales. When I go to see Mother, I look at your picture with Jimmy in your lap. Your face in that picture is the one I thought of the last time I saw you on Earth.

Don't worry, Dad. You've passed the torch to those of us who stayed behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment