Saturday, February 12, 2011

Classmate Concerns

Good Afternoon, Gentle Readers!

Today's image is titled Passing Through. As you might expect, it isn't quite what I really wanted to try for at first. However, the addition of the bright green band helped make up for any other lacks I might have thought the image had.

The temperature today isn't bad at all, but the wind is making it feel colder than it is. I will probably indulge in a mug of hot cocoa later on. As it was, I didn't really want to wake up this morning; I was too comfortable in my nice warm nest!

I have been idly thinking about my next birthday, and it occurred to me that I'll have that shortly before my next course starts! I'm not sure whether to call that a present or ominous.

I am a little concerned about one of my present classmates. This person is in a Bachelor's Degree course, but has trouble with the basics of writing sentences and paragraphs. This person also is pretty bad about using words that sound like the words intended, but have a very different meaning. And I'm not so sure this person is aware of the problem. The rest of us will have to find a way to gently break the news I think; The classmate is a hard worker, and it would be a shame if that hard work didn't earn a degree because of technicalities.

Until We Meet, Gentle Readers...

2 comments:

  1. How did this particular classmate make it through the Associate Studies, without some professor calling them on the carpet? We have to take classes to cover such problems, before our core classes are even an option!

    Today the weather here was equally nice. I actually got out of the house and went for a badly needed drive. Cleared my head. But now that the sun is going down, tis becoming a wee bit chilly. Hot cocoa does sound nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no idea. For all I know, the classmate in question WAS called out- but whatever he was told didn't stick very well. I've a feeling our present team leader isn't going to let him slide, though.

    ReplyDelete