Monday, March 7, 2011

A Tale of Two Plumbers

Good Morning, Gentle Readers!

As you may have noticed, I've been on hiatus for a few days. The school schedule has been extremely demanding, but I managed to find a few minutes to write to you today.

Today's image is called Lotus. Of course, it doesn't really look like a lotus flower, but the grace of the curves calls that blossom to mind, so I used the name.

You may be wondering why the title of today's post. Well- a couple of weeks ago, the hot water heater died. It happens to be wedged in the closet right next to my computer desk, so you can imagine how badly that cut into my studying time as well, while my husband and I were trying to get it fixed! We first bought a pair of heating elements, and that did fix one problem. The trouble was that it fixed the problem a bit too well, and the hot water went from cold to scalding. Not only that, the heat broke a seal. We called one plumber, and he agreed to come out. However- Mr. Scott of Scott's Plumbing not only failed to make it- which would have been understandable if he had a project going on that took longer than anticipated- he failed to even contact us to let us know he couldn't make it. Needless to say, Scott's Plumbing is one business that has lost a customer.

Next, we contacted Just Plumbing, a considerably better-organized business. A gentleman from there arrived that day to fix the water heater. It did take a lot of hard work, and briefly he worried that he might have to cut a pipe out to get at a part that needed to be replaced. Fortunately, it didn't come to that. My husband and I have been in something of a celebratory mood since then.

Until We Meet, Gentle Readers...

No comments:

Post a Comment