Sunday, July 5, 2009



Good Evening, Gentle Readers!

I know this post is late- Very late. But after having missed giving you yesterday's entry, I thought it only fair that I make up for it now.

The image at the bottom I titled Stripes. I made it in honor of the Fourth Of July. There is one more touch I want to add to it, but in the meanwhile I present it for your perusal.

The top image I simply call Circles. As you can imagine, it is another experiment that didn't quite go as planned. But then, how many experiments actually do?

There were no fireworks this year that I saw at least. Nor were there in a lot of other areas of the country which were under burn bans, and for a good reason: These areas have been subject to a dangerously dry hear for some time. Some of you might remember the image I put up on Memorial Day titled Bombs Bursting in Air, though. So I did get my fireworks from that.

I have no further news on my grandmother, other than she seems relieved that something will actually be done about her ill health now. But when my husband and I went to visit my parents, we didn't talk of that much: Instead, we got to admire their gardens. The Blaze roses have quite completely climbed all over the trellis put up for them, and the squash and cucumbers have seen their first harvest. In addition, the local farmers actually have thriving crops of corn. I'm very sure that is a relief to them.

Until we meet, Gentle Readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment