Friday, July 3, 2009


Good morning, Gentle Readers!

This morning's image was an experiment in creating a tri-colored starburst. I still haven't figured out how to eliminate the lines I used to demarcate where the fills would go, but the results aren't half bad if I do say so myself.

Those of you who are following me might remember that I mentioned placing a couple of inquiries concerning my college. I did get back one of the answers- and I must say, it is a relief! Even if it is just a shade disappointing that some of those answers aren't what I had hoped for. But I can live with that: I'm a past master of making do with what I have.

Oh, boy, did I get a load of news yesterday! My grandmother is in the hospital. That in itself is not a surprise: She had been very ill for a long time. At one time she was a strong, vital woman who could walk and work circles around kids a quarter of her age. But the first doctor she was taken to tried to make noises about how she was old and frail and it was best to just make her comfortable. When my parents suggested another hospital with a physician who had worked with them before, this first 'doctor' tried to talk about how that other hospital didn't have any beds. Then when my parents didn't back down, he did agree to discharge my grandmother so they could take her to the other hospital. Which, contrary to what the first doctor said, had plenty of space. Needless to say, I am quite angry over those lies the first doctor tried to foist off on my family.

Once she was in the other hospital, the physicians there actually started the tests immediately when she was in the door. And they were able to propose a course of action which just might help her.

Wish her love and luck, Gentle Readers.

Until we meet...

No comments:

Post a Comment