Friday, May 15, 2009

Change


Good Morning, Gentle Readers!

Today's image is yet another one that didn't come out quite as planned. But it doesn't seem to have hurt it any, and has nudged my noggin with a few ideas. It is also one that I started with a basic Paint program, then finished up with Paint Shop Pro. Ah, the combinations one can come up with!

You may remember how I said a few days ago that perfection isn't really always perfect. It's true: Technically, the variations we so enjoy in our plants and animal companions are the results of imperfections. A critter that did absolutely nothing but sit around all day long making sure that not a single bit of fur ever got out of place would be pretty dull. And a world that was utterly predictable and always perfect would be even worse.

I admit to being a bit of a creature of habit: It's one of my defenses. But after a long time, I am beginning to learn the value of surprises, variety, and change. That doesn't mean all change is desirable: I tend to roll my eyes at people who try to fix things that aren't broken, especially without first understanding what they're trying to fix. But sometimes the change that is undesirable today becomes needful in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment