Tuesday, May 26, 2009


Good morning, Gentle Readers!

This is the image I was originally intending to post yesterday. The technique is loosely based on something I learned in a class many years ago, about how to use lines to create an illusion of waves. It didn't exactly turn out as planned (so what's new?), but I saved it for your viewing pleasure.

It is the day after Memorial Day. A number of my neighbors spent yesterday actually engaged in carpentry. In a way, the sound of a hammer pounding can be soothing: It means something is being built. Right now, someone a little further away is trying to finish some yard work and beat the muggy heat that will be returning. It's not cool by any stretch of the imagination- But it's cooler than it was yesterday.

Right now, there is another small project I am thinking of. When my last coffee maker gave up the ghost, I saved the carafe from it thinking that it would make a nice little planter or terrarium. So now I want to figure out a way to decorate it that won't overwhelm the plants that I hope will be in there one day!

Stay well, Gentle Readers. And enjoy the season, whatever it might be!

No comments:

Post a Comment