Saturday, May 9, 2009


I'm largely a cat person. I admit it: I've got one right now, a big 15 pound boy, who literally thinks I'm his momma. It's hard to type when this great big cat is trying to sit in your lap and make you pet him. And it's hard to resist that face and those paws.

But I have a soft spot for canines too, as the picture shows. And this was just too cute to not share!

Our animal friends have a lot to teach us about love and loyalty. Just about everyone has a tale of some hero critter, or some unusual friendship between animals- including a few that are traditionally thought of as natural enemies.

For instance, there is one tale I've heard about a cat and a squirrel who would play tag. Later on, the kitty's people moved away. The cat kept looking out at the porch for his squirrel friend. About a year later, his people went back to the old house to have a look around- And there was the squirrel, looking for the cat.

In my family, there were always cats and dogs living in the house together. And the cats would quite literally train the dogs, including making them quiet down if they got too rambunctious. The pups would be quite bewildered, but they always knew they were loved.

The human species could do far worse than to follow an example like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment