Sunday, May 17, 2009


Good Afternoon, Gentle Readers!

I admit, I'm not Michelangelo by any stretch of the imagination. But today's image is a perfect indication of what I need plenty of today! Ah, the wonders of the coffee cup...

It has been grey and rainy out, and while it was steamy last night it's starting to cool down now- Perfect sleeping weather. The trouble is that I can sleep only so long before I start getting a little too groggy to be much use to anyone, especially me.

The fig tree and blueberry bushes seem pleased with the development, at least. The tree is greening up and I'm sure busily putting out new roots. And the bushes are making new leaves as fast as they can. I hope this heralds future crops that I can make goodies with! Once I made some blueberry-chocolate chip cookies that were absolutely delicious. And while figs are naturally very sweet, I do have a few ideas I want to try with them. It helps to have the fruit first, though.

You may remember that I mentioned enjoying baking and making new things. The last few years, I've also been trying my hand at gardening. I still have a few bugs I need to work out- Some of them literal. But I think I've found something I can actually do with it.

Stay warm and dry, Gentle Readers! And if you can't, think of the good things the rains will eventually bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment