Wednesday, May 13, 2009


Good afternoon, Gentle Readers!

Today's image is an example of what I call 'accidental art'. I was trying for something quite different than what I actually got. But I liked it so much that I saved it, and shared it with a friend who happens to enjoy unusual things. I titled it Gemlight, and intend to see if I can create this effect again with other color choices.

It's not the first time I came up with an unplanned effect: Some time ago I made another picture and I wasn't pleased with some if the effects I saw with the sky. I tried to erase some of the excess, and ended up erasing part of the sky too. So I tried to use Flood Fill to fix it- Only the new sky color was just a little bit different from the old. The effect was fantastic!

So remember, perfection isn't always perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment