Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Challenges

Good Morning, Gentle Readers!

Today's image is titled Fractured. When I made it this morning, I found that something was very much off about the sizing of the canvases. I'll have to go back later and see what I can find. In the meanwhile, though, I thought that the hot pink and bright green would be nice and cheerful. I think the next time, though, I'll make the pink bands a little broader. Hmm- Now that gives me an idea!

Last night, I talked with a friend of mine about an assignment I had to do- namely, I'm supposed to interview a community leader about his or her opinion of race issues. Problem 1) I don't really know any community leaders, though I most certainly did watch interactions at the mall the last time I was up there. Problem 2) Most of the people I can think of that might call themselves community leaders I don't trust. Problem 3) Transportation! Enough said, for anyone that knows me. My friend suggested that I get a recording device of some sort and take that. Now, I am thinking that I might interview one of the managers up at the mall. There are a couple of little stores there that I'm fond of, and perhaps the manager would be close enough for class purposes.

Until we meet, Gentle Readers...

1 comment:

  1. Ok here are some suggestions for the interview: member of the local zoning board, a minister. I interviewed a local minister in my area, who also turned out to be Head of the Zoning Board! Perhaps the Sheriff or Chief of Police, Chamber of Commerce, the mayor (which might be hard to do since most mayors are very busy). Just a few ideas.

    ReplyDelete