Thursday, June 11, 2009


Good morning, Gentle Readers!

After the somber thoughts of yesterday, I thought we could all use a little cheering. So today's image is just a simple brownie sundae for those of us who enjoy such decadence! I actually drew it last night for someone who was already under a lot of stress from a week or so of constant storms. She couldn't even find her favorite brownies at the store she usually uses for them, so it was up to me- even if it was only virtual! The good thing about virtual foods is that there are no calories.

Speaking of my friend, she asked me a couple of nights ago how I could remain calm in the face of the difficulties I had run into with my college aid application. The fact is, I am not a naturally calm person. While I'm not really hyper (though some of my role-play characters are), I can get down-right excitable. The truth is, I have watched my parents for quite some time- who better to watch, after all? And I noticed that the one who tended to spazz out when things didn't go right tended to not get results. The conclusion was simple: It really is better to step back from a problem and look at the different components thereof. And react accordingly, rather than waste time and energy, and meanwhile invent more imaginary difficulties.

It won't be easy- But I hope I can continue to remember what I finally learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment