Monday, June 8, 2009


Good morning, Gentle Readers!

This morning I have a heart-warming little tale for you. While it doesn't go with the image of the day, I really couldn't find anything more appropriate.

I have a cousin- A very distant cousin- Who lives in New Zealand. Now, this young man has had a lot of problems in his life: Cancer, seizures, and a number of other things have happened to him that shouldn't happen to anyone. Because of these things, communication is very hard for him.

But he has a lot of love in his heart. He also sings, plays the cello, works as a blacksmith when he is well enough, and cares for a number of animals who otherwise would have no one. Just yesterday, he brought home a pair of young ferrets- One of which he named after me, and the other he named after my friend who is presently in college. He sent us a picture of them curled up asleep together that is just as adorable as it can be.

I confess, I was very surprised when I learned what he named them. A few times I wasn't sure he actually understood some of the things I tried to say to him. I still am not sure, but I do know now that he actually was trying to hear- and that he was trying with his heart, not just his head.

No comments:

Post a Comment