Monday, October 5, 2009

Traveler's Tales


Good morning, Gentle Readers!

I intended to let you know I was back last night- but I had a lot of other correspondence to catch up on, as well as chores that required immediate attention as usual after a weekend away.

This year's Autumn Days festival in Victoria, Virginia marked the centennial of the town. The planned fireworks display never did occur: the people who were handling it apparently got caught in some very bad traffic due to an accident. But I did locate a number of items that I very much wanted, including a book that I can use for research for some of my tales. The author was there selling, and it was really great meeting him too. Apparently he travels all over the country collecting lore and putting it together. He also had a book about humming birds, which I thought would be nice. I don't have anywhere to keep it, though. So it will have to wait to be added to my collection.

I also managed to obtain a jar of raw honey from a local beekeeper. I'm going to find out this year just how good it is at controlling illnesses: While I've not been sick in a while, my husband does have to deal with a lot of stress, which is doing him no favors.

Until we meet, Gentle Readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment