Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Winter Strikes the Northwest


Good Morning, Gentle Readers!

Today's image is titled Golds. I chose what is (for me) a rather strange background color, and the fills interacted with it in a very odd way. As you know by now, that usually means even more odd colors that aren't in the original palette. Still, the results are very much the colors of autumn.

This morning, I learned that Oregon got unexpectedly snowed on while they still had summer and not-quite fall foliage. I can feel for them: Where I live didn't fare so well during various ice storms either, with trees snapping off about halfway up or crashing down on power lines. The neighbors and I watched a branch hanging on the power line while throwing off sparks. Eventually it caught fire and burned through. In a way, we were lucky: We got power back relatively quickly, and while one porch got a tree through it our homes were spared. I suppose I should go see what my news service has to say about this storm.

Until we meet, Gentle Readers...

No comments:

Post a Comment