Monday, December 28, 2009

Happy New Year!

Good Morning, Gentle Readers!

I know it's still a little early, but I created this image in celebration of the year to come. As you can see, it is titled Happy New Year- Not to be confused with the virus of the same name, by the way. I hope you enjoy both the picture and the year!

My weekend out of town was very pleasant, and indeed allowed me to relax from the pressures of the Internet. My husband and I delivered a few presents we got to my parents, and we got a few nice ones in return.

I also got to share a book that a friend sent me: A marvelous item that really goes into the nuts and bolts of self-sufficiency and organic farming. The book was written by John Seymour and Will Sutherland, and is titled The Self-Sufficient Life And How To Live It. It does start off with a rant against modern methods and technologies, and that did concern me at first that it might be just another piece of propaganda. But once the first few pages of ranting were done, there were a lot of details that really do make a lot of sense. If anyone wants to try to strike out on their own and disconnect from the grid, I strongly recommend this most especial book as a guide.

Until we meet, Gentle Readers...

No comments:

Post a Comment