Sunday, November 28, 2010

America's Best Inn isn't.

Good Morning, Gentle Readers!

Today's image is a fractal by Ron Venable that he titled Enjoy Thanksgiving. He used to share these and other fractal images a lot before his previous computer died. These days, we keep what we can for him.

I mentioned yesterday that I would talk about a motel we stayed at on the way down to South Carolina. I should say that I'm not going to detail all the problems I saw there- But I will say that if I had tried to get away with as shoddy a cleaning job as was done there, I would have been chewed out- and rightly so.

If you are near the border between North and South Carolina, don't stay at this place if you have a choice. One of the first thing I personally noticed was the rule list.

There was nothing wrong with the list in itself, but a number of the rules were quite unnecessary- unless there had been trouble at the place in the past.

I also noticed a hand-written sign proclaiming a 90% sanitation rating and a no refund notice. In themselves, these would have been nothing to worry about either, though they do raise questions.

However, whoever wrote the sanitation rating sign didn't look at the rooms. There were used grounds in the coffee maker, the towels had stains on them, the toilet was running- which is a pretty good indication that something needs to be looked at, and the microwave oven was sitting on the floor rather than at least on a table where the client could use it easily.

There was also a problem with the curtains; They weren't quite wide enough to cover the windows. The front grill on the air conditioning unit had been broken in the past, and it could be seen where the plate to a chain lock had been removed from the door.

I do have to say that these people did give a small room safe and card key locks on the door. However, considering everything else I saw, I'm not sure I would store valuables in the said safe.

Until We Meet, Gentle Readers...

No comments:

Post a Comment