Thursday, November 11, 2010

Veteran's Day

Good Morning, Gentle Readers!

Today's image is titled Red, White, and Blue. This isn't what I originally intended to display today. However, this day has been set aside in honor of our veterans. In light of that, I believe this is a far better choice than what I was originally considering showing.

I'm sure many of you have veterans in your family. My grandfather was one such, though he seldom talked about World War II. He was a mechanic, and even after he left the service to start a family, the love of tinkering followed him. When I was growing up, he had whole sheds and even barns full of projects. I was forever poking around in them to see what he was doing.

During the Vietnam War, my husband went out for the draft. He was one of the fortunate ones; A health problem kept him out of the service, so he wasn't one of the soldiers protested against by the generation of young people who stayed at home. His father, however, was a vet in World War II as well.

There are others, of course. But these are the ones that stick in my mind the most. Ladies and Gentlemen of the Armed Forces, I Salute You.

Until We Meet, Gentle Readers...

No comments:

Post a Comment