Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Kitties, Geeks, and Books

Good Morning, Gentle Readers!

Today's image is titled Snowdrifts and Tree. I made it last night while attempting to create an illusion of falling snow. It worked rather well, and it seems appropriate for the last day of November.

On to our traveler's tales...

Once we reached our destination, we were greeted by a pair of Sheltie dogs: Brogan, a old dog, and the much younger Natchez. My husband and I had met Brogan before; It was funny how he tried to herd us around when one of us strayed away from the others. But he doesn't do that now, between age and hip dysplasia. The problem with his hips looks painful- but he never complained.

We also met an extremely talkative feline named Megan. Later on, even her much shyer brother Shawn made himself known.

I said Megan was extremely talkative. The truth is that she is far more vocal than both of mine put together- especially when she wants attention. Which happens to be a lot. She was very much pleased when our hostess' parents arrived; This charming couple is just crazy about cats.

It also impressed and amused me to see that the gentleman could out-geek some geeks. He, my husband, and my husband's brother spent quite a lot of time huddling over old malfunctioning computers, and having the time of their lives.

For myself, I got to sink my teeth into some of my brother-in-law's literature. He used to work in microbiology and genetic sciences. While I never did as such, biology was one of my first loves. Needless to say, I never got bored!

Until We Meet, Gentle Readers...

1 comment:

  1. *grinning* Yup...leave it to a cousin to see the book collection and dive in!

    ReplyDelete