Thursday, September 24, 2009

A Thought and a Question


Good Morning, Gentle Readers!

Today's image is titled Wormhole. It's one of the last pictures I made before I started experimenting extensively with layering.

I thought it appropriate for a question I thought about for myself and my readers.

You've heard me talking a lot about school work and assignments. A couple of the assignments I did involved laying out long-term life plans for success. This is actually a good idea: Working and living hand-to-mouth doesn't really do much for one, after all. Instead, we need to work smart so we can have what we really want and need in spite of the circumstances around us. Working and just hoping that the hard work will pay off doesn't really work: I tried that for years, and don't have a lot to show for the effort.

What if, instead, you laid out this plan, and then followed it? What if you directed all that energy to a focus instead of to just bare survival?

I admit that the plans I laid out might not really be realistic: After all, they involve me venturing into fields of knowledge that are almost totally alien to me. But I finally think I am moving forward now.

Until we meet, Gentle Readers...

No comments:

Post a Comment