Sunday, January 9, 2011

Hot Food, Cold Days?

Good Afternoon, Gentle Readers!

Today's image is titled Rose Opening. You may notice that the very center of the image doesn't contrast strongly with its surrounding background; It really needed the surrounding fields to show well. It does give me an idea for a future image- but it will have to wait.

The snow that fell in flurries yesterday, only to melt off between times never did really amount to much. In a way that's a relief because it means that no one will have to get out with a shovel. However, it's chilly enough that nothing is melting either. I've put on a pot of bean soup, and later on I will look into some baking- or at least, some baking preparations. That pot takes up most of the counter space I use for mixing stuff.

I had been pondering how to approach making a cake with two different flavors in it, until it occured to me that I was trying too hard: What I really needed to do was get the dry ingredients sifted together in two large bowls, then work on the stuff that will give the flavors! I may want to leave a few oranges sitting out while I'm working; Galahad gets into just about everything, but that is one cat that doesn't like citrus at all. My husband and I both have been laughing at that silly cat.

Until We Meet, Gentle Readers...

No comments:

Post a Comment