Saturday, January 2, 2010

Cold Nights and Hot Pizza

Good Morning, Gentle Readers!

Today's image is titled Sunset. Like many others, it didn't quite come out as planned: I was trying for a yellow spark in the middle of a rose field kind of effect. I suspect, though, that this is far better. Otherwise the light colors would have been muddied up.

I didn't want to crawl out of my nice warm nest this morning! It was cold, the cats kept me awake a large part of the night last night, and it was late when I hit the sack in the first place! Oh, I know the last part was my fault: I could have chosen to go to bed sooner. But it gets a little scary when you pry your eyes open and see your clock glowing 9:00 back at you. Methinks I had better hit the sack sooner.

This may be a novel idea to some people- but it is possible to have a home-made pizza that is as good or better than some pizzeria pizzas, and better than most pre-made frozen ones. It does take some work, but the results are well worth it. I admit, I did cheat a little by using a pre-made pizza crust and pre-shredded cheese. But I rubbed my crust with olive oil, then spread tomato sauce on it. On the sauce, I sprinkled minced garlic and oregano. I then drained my mushrooms and sliced my onion and green pepper, and spread those on the crust. Believe me, that made for a large pile in itself! I then spread on the pepperoni, and added my cheese- all of it. Cheese is one thing you really don't want to skimp on! I did add a little more tomato sauce to keep the cheese from burning, then baked it at 350 until the cheese was melted and bubbly, and the vegetables that peeked out from under it were just a little brown. My husband swears that he will never buy another frozen pizza.

Bon Appetit!

Until we meet, Gentle Readers...

No comments:

Post a Comment