Monday, December 27, 2010

Snowstorm's Aftermath

Good Afternoon, Gentle Readers!

Today's image is titled Guppies. I made it last night while generally toying with my programs, and noticed that the entire image seemed to be underwater and that the last piece of it looked something like a tadpole. Since I was at a loss for any other name, the one I chose stuck.

I haven't checked the reports yet- but last night and the night before we had about 10 inches or so of snow dropped on us. At least, that is my best guestimate. Right now, though, the sun is shining and the wind is blowing the snow off the trees. It really is quite a sight. Sometimes chunks of ice will blow off the trees too. The cats and I spend a lot of time glancing up when something hits. Boy am I glad I got my coveralls out of the closet so they would be reasonably warm! I didn't need them to try to sweep off the steps a bit better, but my husband used them last night while trying to clear our driveway.

The break from my studies has been nice- But I will have to take them up again next week. Perhaps it's a good thing; I don't want any further chance to forget what I've learned already. I'll be checking in to school to see if any more material has been made available; What I saw already was awfully sparse, as well as a repetition of what I had seen in earlier courses and workshops. I suppose the professor is waiting to see how many students will be in attendance, to be divided into project groups. I'm not sure I'm looking forward to that; I'm more used to being a solo worker, after all. It doesn't help to think of the number of times I've taken up slack for fellow 'workers' in the past who didn't want to work. But that's the breaks. It will be good practice for getting my business up and running, after all.

Until We Meet, Gentle Readers...

No comments:

Post a Comment