Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Thanks Amid the Cold

Good Afternoon, Gentle Readers!

Today's image is titled Intertwining. I intended the vining to be a bit closer to lime green than the color it is, but this works better because it doesn't compete so much with the rest of the picture- though it does hold its own.

Last night was incredibly cold! In fact, I didn't want to get out of my nice warm nest this morning- Though I had to before I got too groggy to be of use to anyone- including me. As predicted, little of the snow I saw yesterday stuck. But what's left is stuck hard. I've not checked the forecast yet, but I doubt it will melt off for at least the next three days. If it does anything, it will probably sublimate.

The place I live- a trailer- doesn't keep out the drafts as well as could be desired. But I give thanks that I have it; There are people and creatures who have no shelter at all from the bitter chill that has started to settle in. I also give thanks for my nice warm blankets that help even more, and for the dryer that can warm the blankets up when I start feeling really cold.

I probably ought to look into insulations for this place. But all in all, it's not that bad.

Until We Meet, Gentle Readers...

No comments:

Post a Comment