Monday, June 28, 2010

Another use for sky scrapers...

Good Morning, Gentle Readers!

Today's image is titled Hot Coals- and I think you can see why. It was more of a random experiment than anything else, though I did casually think of trying to add some yellow to the mix.

It hasn't been quite as hot during the past couple of days as it was the week before- Or perhaps I've not noticed it, since we've kept the air conditioner and a lot of fans running for my father! He'll be back some time this afternoon. He is very much looking forward to moving this time.

During the past couple of days, you've noticed that I've written about different facets of eco-friendly living. Today, I will post an idea that I wrote about in a story- but that I really think could work, with adequate ventilation and good enough air circulation.

Many of you have seen pictures of glass and steel sky-scrapers. It seems to me that with all of that glass, those buildings would make wonderful greenhouses, and so increase the food production even within the cities themselves. Granted, those plants would be giving off water too- thus the ventilation systems. But since dry air is a problem in winter, that may not be a complete disadvantage. Certainly there have been a few times when I was ill and coughing my lungs out when the only thing that could stop it was stepping into a high-humidity environment, however briefly.

Until we meet, Gentle Readers....

No comments:

Post a Comment