Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Not a happy camper!

Good Morning, Gentle Readers!

Today's image is titled Intensity. I was not at all certain what would happen if I put red-orange over hot pink on green, but it really came out nicely. The blue was where the real surprise came, though; I was expecting the strips to be a bit see-through, but instead they stubbornly held their color, and that was it!

Right now, I am not a happy camper as far as the school goes. The school has made a number of changes during the past six months that not only don't address problems, they create problems for the students. First there was not letting the students have access to the syllabus until the night before the new courses start at the earliest. That really plays havoc with the student's ability to prepare for the new course, but can be dealt with- though not easily.

Here is the kicker; Rather than turn the assignments in to the personal forums, the school has set up a little partition that lists the assignments- but is not really that intuitive about how to turn the assignments in. Because of that, an assignment, which I had done and had turned in to what I had viewed as the normal spot in PLENTY of time, was listed as not turned in. Needless to say, I am furious. The lesson is learned though. I don't intend to throw away my future in a fit of temper, even if I do think someone needs a serious lesson in common sense.

Until we meet, Gentle Readers...

1 comment:

  1. But Tigger, I pointed out the new section, for turning in assignments, to you long before you had to use it. I just explored it a wee bit, decided it was a double redundancy, but for some reason the professors find it easier to grade papers that way. It sort of makes sense actually. This way they don't have to sort through all the stuff found in the individual student section, where students tend to chat with the professor and work out any problems they have. Assignments section is clear, uncluttered and the papers are right there for them.

    I have discussed the syllabus problem with my advisor, and apparently they do this to the Bachelor, and higher, degree programs...so they were making it an even playing field for everyone across the board. Don't like it either, and as far as I'm concerned the professors need to prepare a standard syllabus ahead of time and keep it one way.

    ReplyDelete