Monday, June 7, 2010

Thunder Rolls...

Good Afternoon, Gentle Readers!

Today's image is titled Smiling. I made it last night while demonstrating my imaging methods to my husband. While I was at it, I did use a filter that I normally wouldn't, and found that glitch that I had not used in a while. Other than the green, none of the colors are quite what I had planned. But the result is cheery, and in fact my husband said it looked like it was smiling. So, that it what I called it!

Last night, we had a thunder storm roll through here. That we had one is not so surprising, and we did need something to break the intense heat. What was surprising was the sheer intensity of the storm itself. There was a brilliant flash of lightning that appeared to be just outside our window- but it apparently had struck a couple of miles away, and that suits me just fine. Still, it persuaded me to shut down the machine for a while even though I was in the middle of taking yet more notes for my classes. Normally I would have just kept an eye out, but that was closer than I liked it.

It's beautiful outside now, and not so hot and humid. I'm going to enjoy this while I can.

Until we meet, Gentle Readers...

No comments:

Post a Comment