Thursday, July 1, 2010

Cantankerous ISP!

Good Morning, Gentle Readers!

Today's image is titled Reconciliation. I made it last night for a friend who is about to lose his father- and who is having trouble within his family. Feuds in families are never good, and at such a time it is even worse. For all of their sakes, I hope they find peace.

I suppose you're wondering about the title of the post. Well, for the last few days, my ISP has refused to display the mail like it should. I had to take some of my note-writing over to another mail program that I know IS reliable. This is not the first time Verizon has given me a fit; When I got the last update I did with AVG antivirus, Verizon refused to work at all. To make matters worse, when my husband and I called in to report the problem, the (coughs) answering service had us on hold for over half an hour, while repeating a positively insulting message about how m approximate wait time was five minutes. Excuse me, that's not what my clock says! As icing on the cake, the tech- when we finally got one- tried to tell us to go to the Verizon site to do this, that, and the other. EXCUSE ME! If the site were accessible, we would not have made that call! We finally solved the problem by restoring an earlier version of AVG. Later, I was somewhat amused to hear that the event that led to considerable annoyance on my part was repeated throughout the ranks of Verizon customers, and the company got themselves in a bit of hot water over it. I admit, I snickered.

I don't think the present issue is that severe, but it is annoying.

Until we meet, Gentle Readers

No comments:

Post a Comment