Wednesday, September 1, 2010

More on Earl

Good Morning, Gentle Readers!

Today's image is titled Hemispheres. I seldom work with straight lines in my images, other than when I'm depicting lightning. However, I did this time. When I applied the deformation, I expected the lines to take on some curve too. I was a bit surprised when they didn't. I decided to save this item more as a sample than anything else.

This morning when I looked at Hurricane Earl's projected path, I noticed it was more of a swish clear around my area than a direct hit. The people to the northeast of me won't have such a clean miss- but by the time he reaches them, he would have weakened considerably.

That is not to say, "All Clear"; Much of a storm's potential for damage is, after all, from wind. I expect to see plenty of that. But I'm not going to fret over it. The wind will do whatever it wants no matter what, after all.

There is another good side to this storm: I got much of my course work done and turned in already, and the last item is about half-done. I can finish that and start on next week, with an eye toward the end projects.

Until We Meet, Gentle Readers...

No comments:

Post a Comment