Friday, August 13, 2010

Algebra?

Good Morning, Gentle Readers!

Today's image is titled Fire in a Green Gem. I had to use a few layers and a lot of image rotation to get this, along with a judicious touch of the Magic Wand, but somehow the idea of an emerald with a flame in it is appealing. I should see if I can get something like that with a diamond.

Well- yesterday afternoon I tried to watch a few of the lectures with the algebra class. I honestly couldn't stomach it for very long; Most of the lectures were intended for young, inexperienced people, not for someone like myself who doesn't really enjoy being talked down to. Fortunately, I do have the texts, and a couple of the lecturers did seem aware that their lectures were intended for working adults instead of high-school students. Besides, there is only so much that can be done with math, and to be fair, a lot of my classmates are young people who found themselves with families before they really solidly found their feet. I do have a few concerns; I do have some of the Adobe software, which seems to be required for a number of the assignments. But I may need more. I'll try to go back through those especial texts again today, and see what I can do.

Wish me luck!

Until We Meet, Gentle Readers...

No comments:

Post a Comment