Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Communications

Good Morning, Gentle Readers!

Today's image is Light Through The Sky. As usual, it didn't quite turn out as planned; The pink area was supposed to be yellow. However, I found it soothing, so I saved it.

I spent much of last night trying to perform some research on business communications in other countries. I found tons of fascinating articles for my first choice, which was Canada. However, while I saw a lot of business news and a lot of things about the technologies that are available, it wasn't until I got to the last item that I found what I really wanted. That was how to interact with the people behind the technologies. A business can have all the digital dashboards, PDAs, and databases it wants. But without the human element, those gadgets are worthless.

I can't say I'm terribly surprised; People are so accustomed to interacting with each other that they aren't likely to think that visitors from outside their especial area might have problems or be confused by what they see. Even I have been guilty of such lack of thought at times- though I am working on it!

I have two more countries to find out about some time today. Wish me luck, Gentle Readers!

Until we meet...

No comments:

Post a Comment