Monday, August 23, 2010

The Storm That Wasn't...

Good Afternoon, Gentle Readers!

I finished my Business Communications reading last night. It said a lot about how it is possible for people of one culture to completely misunderstand those of another. For instance, behaviors that among one culture would be considered respectfully attentive might be considered rude and arrogant in another. It also had a lot to say about how these same different cultures place different emphasis on time, and on the written and spoken word. This can make business negotiations rather tricky. Fortunately, the business world is learning how to adapt. Other than that, this chapter had little to say that I had not seen in a previous course. I was careful to take notes anyway; It's far too easy to fall into the trap of believing one knows everything as it is.

The storm that I expected last night didn't materialize- Fortunately, according to reports from where it went instead! It pretty much just swished north while skipping over where I live altogether, other than a little wind. That was some good luck indeed! But I feel for anyone who got my share.

Until we meet, Gentle Readers...

No comments:

Post a Comment