Thursday, August 26, 2010

A Disappointment

Good Morning, Gentle Readers!

Today's image is titled Flame Through Circle. A couple of days ago, I read an item that talked about various cultures' views of different colors and what they mean. Part of this item mentioned that in Korea, black was considered a celebrating color and red was lucky. No doubt, black can be quite striking. A few months ago when I was just starting to get acquainted with my graphics program, I used black backgrounds a lot. So I went back to that to see what I could do. You now see one of the results.

Last night, I attempted to do a little research on New Zealand to finish an assignment. I say attempted for a very good reason; Most of the articles at the recommended source were purely about statistics, which I talked about in yesterday's post. When I finally decided to see what was on Wikipedia about it, I was mightily disappointed; THAT article was almost purely Euro-centric, with at best only a passing mention of the Maori- who are very much a part of the culture and country. Let this be a warning; While Wikipedia is convenient at times, it is not the final word. I did find what I really wanted over at a site called Kwintessentials. I think if I wish for a quick reference in the future, I will make sure to check there first.

Until We Meet, Gentle Readers...

No comments:

Post a Comment